Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Just Purchased a MaxiSys Ultra
Just Purchased a MaxiSys Ultra

883 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2022-05-09 12:35:49

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2022-05-06 15:04:38
     Hello Autel Community,

I'm a brand new owner of a MaxiSys Ultra. I have been out of the industry for about 10 years so you can imagine how impressed I am with the functionality.

My issue is, after spending $5,400.00 - I can't scan a 2021 Dodge Durango... I'm not real happy about that. Apparently I have to purchase a 12+8 connector or purchase an auto auth account.

Can someone educate me on the pros/cons of buying the 12+8 connector or purchasing an auto auth account?

Thanks in advance for your help.

•   Level 4   
    (161) points
    Matthew Taylor

2022-05-08 20:46:55 (Reply to:)

I'll answer your questions based on MY experience with an Alfa Romeo Guilia

I suspect in your case, you will need to purchase both. The 12+8 connector should
    bypass you having to go through the secure gateway module (so you would unplug the
    factory OBD2 from that module and connect the 12+8 cable instead and get direct
    access like any other car).

The Auto Auth account is a subscription which requires Internet access each time you
    start the process to "authorise" your Autel device to be accepted as a genuine factory
    scan tool. Note: The dealership will have particulars about You and the serial number
    of your Autel device to deny any warranty claims if you mess something up for
    warranty purposes (as stored in some online database to say that your tool accessed
    this particular VIN at this date and time).

My suggestion to you is to just get the 12+8 cable, and save yourself the lengthy
    process if you have multiple of these vehicles to scan again in the future.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2022-05-09 12:35:49 (Reply to:Matthew Taylor)

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your reply. Due to a time factor, I purchased the Auto Auth account as opposed to waiting to receive the 12+8 adapter. I will, however purchase the adapter and not renew the account.

Is Auto Auth an FCA thing only or do other OEMs require it? I have been away from wrenching for quite a while and have fallen behind quite a bit.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  Total1 Pages